Thank you message (delete if form is used).
Do you need immediate assistance, have a technical question or would you like to schedule a demo?
TMS 2017 - Pre-show workshop
Avizo 3D Analysis Software for Materials Science
South Tower, Level 4, Catalina Room
San Diego, California USA
Attendees must bring their own PC with suitable 3D graphics board for course participation.
We will email information about software distribution, system requirements, and installation up to one week before the course.
Who should attend
Imaging scientists, researchers, directors of Imaging Centers, radiologists, microscope operators, nano- and micro-CT operators, scientists and researchers interested in doing quantitative analysis of 3D data will benefit from this workshop.
This workshop is free to attend, however advanced registration is require and seats are limited.
To register and receive a temporary software license, complete the form above.
This course is scheduled to coincide with the TMS 2017 Annual Meeting & Exhibition (TMS2017) but is offered and organized by FEI.
Registration for TMS 2017 is not included but can be obtained by visiting the official event organizer's registration site.
Exhibition registration is not required to attend this course.
To schedule a private meeting please contact us.
- General introduction to Avizo software
- 3D visualization (slicing, volume rendering)
- 3D image processing and segmentation
- Surface and 3D mesh generation
- Hands-on session
- Quantification and advanced measurements, including porosity
- Fiber analysis
- Skeletonization and image-to-simulation workflows
- Material properties simulation, e.g., pore network modeling, permeability
- Tasks automation